Episode 175 – As a successful business owner, there will be a time when you are asked or have an opportunity to share your expertise in public. It could be a presentation at a town meeting, a networking event or a large conference.
Most people react by thinking, “I’d never be able to do that!”
But hold on! Don’t jump to that conclusion so fast! Speaking can provide a big boost to your business. It gives you visibility and credibility and positions you as the expert in your field.
But you need to deliver a strong presentation. How do you go about doing this? In this episode I share my step by step process to presentation creation. That way, when you do encounter an opportunity to speak, you can say “yes” with enthusiasm and confidence because you know what to do next.
Business Building Insights
- Public presentations can boost visibility and credibility for you and your business.
- Make sure you understand who your audience will be and create your message around what is important to them.
- Give a presentation that provides value. Your audience should learn something or be able to do something new, better or in a different way after listening to your talk.
- Your slides should enhance and draw attention to what you are saying. They should not be text with you reading every word on the screen.
- Practice, practice, practice so you are able to focus on adding personality to the presentation and not be thinking about what you’re going to say next.
- To calm nerves concentrate on ensuring your audience understands your message versus thinking about how you look or the words you’re saying. Outward focus versus inward focus will make those jitters magically disappear.
Gift Biz Resources
Take the Gift Biz Quiz
Where are you in your business building journey? You may be further along than you think. Take this quiz to find out. At the end, you’ll have access to a free download to help you along. P.S. This is not a quiz where your result gets published to social media. It’s for your eyes only :o)
The Makers MBA Program
Feel the pride and satisfaction of turning your passion into a profitable business. Become a member of the Makers MBA program and access valuable videos, worksheets, and guides and connect with a community of gift biz builders just like you. It’s time to get moving on your dream. Get started today!