Susan RoAne is the author of the classic bestseller – How To Work A Room® which has sold over 1.2 million books in 14 countries, as well as The Secrets of Savvy Networking, also a best seller.
Named by Forbes as one of the networking gurus of 2015, Susan is an in-demand international keynote speaker who has shared her message of connection and communication with audiences worldwide. She has been featured in New York Times, The Guardian, on CNN, The BBC, Chicago Tribune and Wall Street Journal to name a few. Susan was quoted by Sir Richard Branson in his 10 Quotes to Mark Things Happen as his #6!
Her clients include Coca Cola, The US Air Force, UnitedHealth Group, Yale University, Apple Computer, Intel, Stanford University, LinkedIN, The National Football League, and her personal favorite . . . Hershey Chocolate!
Business Building Insights
- Let everyone in your life circles know what you’re interested in and what you do.
- Networking is reciprocal. If you don’t recommend other people, why should they recommend you?
- You can learn so much through face to face interactions that you will never uncover online or through an email.
- Women are the ultimate hosts. We gather people. We welcome people.
- Knowing How to Work a Room® is a social skill. Networking is the follow up. We need both to build, manage and create our businesses.
- Nobody has said, “I hate networking,” who doesn’t love getting a recommendation, a referral or a lead.
- Before you go to any event, have your introduction prepared.
- Make sure you look welcoming and approachable by monitoring your voice, facial expressions and body language.
- When telling people what you do, make sure to explain the benefits of your product or service.
- Give people something to remember you by.
- Embrace small talk. People bond when they have in something in common.
- The three aspects to conversation: Observe. Ask. Reveal.