Shawn is the owner of All The Buzz, a gift basket and corporate gift company located in San Jose, California. Shawn’s business has grown over the past 14 years from part-time & home based to very full time in a private production facility.
All The Buzz focuses on custom business gifts, with an emphasis on California products and personalized products created right in her workshop.
Shawn is a recognized expert in her field. She has served as an instructor at a national conference, has been featured in several publications and won many design awards, most recently first place corporate design at the National Gift Basket Convention.
Business Building Insights
- It doesn’t have to be perfect. Just keep going.
- A support group is critical. You need somebody when times get tough to tell you, “You can do this. You got this. I’m going to come help you.”
- Places you can get support: Facebook Groups, Networking, Mastermind Groups
- It’s a sign of strength to know when you need help.
- One of Shawn’s most valuable groups focuses on social media support of all members. Listen to the show to get the details.
- People want to work with people they know. Facebook Live shows your personality as the business owner in a trustworthy and authentic way.
- Other ideas for FB Live broadcasts: Unboxing, vendor spotlights, new programs and tips.
- Engagement is higher if you announce in advance that you’re going live.
- When you encounter dips in sales (like the recession), reduce costs by bringing outside services back in-house.
- Also during the slow season, use your time to identify ways to up-level the business through research, learning new skills and identifying opportunities for your business.
Snapseed – Mobile app for editing photos. Available for iOS and Android systems.