Guess what? There are some really effective ways of marketing for small business the big boys can’t use. Marketing expert Teresa Heath-Wareing shares valuable tips on how you can use it for your handmade business.
Teresa is an award-winning international speaker, TEDx speaker, trainer and podcaster. She’s recognized alongside some of the world’s social media & digital marketing thought leaders and is widely regarded as one of the UK’s leading marketing influencers.
Having spent the last 16 years in Marketing – working with international brands such as Land Rover, Jaguar and Leadpages. Teresa helps businesses, entrepreneurs and marketers to enhance their digital marketing & social media efforts.
Teresa hosts a popular weekly podcast called ‘Marketing that Converts’ and has interviewed the likes of Amy Porterfield, Pat Flynn, Michael Hyatt, Jasmine Star and James Wedmore, Mike Stelzner and Dean Graziosi.
BUSINESS BUILDING INSIGHTS
- Don’t let fear stop you. Say yes to new opportunities and figure it out after.
- Practice bravery in your business. Putting yourself out there can lead to big things.
- Overcome imposter syndrome by reminding yourself of wins. Create a ‘Love Folder’ and save good testimonials, write down everything (small or large) that went well, take screenshots of positive comments online, etc. Remind yourself of all the people you’ve helped.
- Find ways to brainstorm and get new ideas from other people – use your team, a coaching group, etc. Expose yourself to things outside your focus to stimulate creativity – in your business and for marketing.
- Don’t rush to push for a sale. Showing up online is how you connect with your audience. You have to show who you are. And it takes time to build a relationship.
- As a handmade business, the skill of what you do and how you create your products is your superpower. That’s your USP.
- Tune in for too many valuable business insights to summarize here!
3 Surprising Points About Marketing For Small Business
- The beauty of a small business is that you are flexible and can move fast. You can learn something and implement it right away. Being nimble allows you to pivot and take action quickly.
- As a small business, you can develop the kind of really authentic, personal connection with your audience that large businesses can’t. And right now – that’s what sells.
- Find ways to incentivize your customers to share their joy about your products. User-generated content works 10x better.
- TONS more tips on marketing for small business. Listen to the full episode to get them all!
- Teresa’s Membership Program – Marketing That Converts Academy
- Teresa’s Podcast – Marketing That Converts Podcast
Teresa’s Contact Links
Join Our FREE Gift Biz Breeze Facebook Community
If you found value in this podcast, make sure to subscribe so you automatically get the next episode downloaded for your convenience. Click on your preferred platform below to get started!
Also, if you’d like to do me a huge favor, please leave a review. That helps other creators like you find the show and build their businesses too. You can do so right here: Rate This Podcast
Thank you so much! Sue
Know someone who needs to hear this episode?
Click a button below to share it!