Have you ever wondered how to use your blog for a product business? Jenny is here to share how she built a thriving business with her blog and how you can too.
Jenny is a former reading specialist who “retired” from her teaching career when her blogging income far exceeded her salary.
Through hard work and dedication, her lifestyle blog, The Melrose Family, became regularly sought out by nationally recognized brands such as Neutrogena, Smuckers, Glad, Costco, Stanley Steamer, Sara Lee, and many more.
She is a content strategist that helps entrepreneurs better understand their messaging and unique position in the online space. Now, she’s combining her passion for teaching with her extensive experience of creating strategic content for online business owners via JennyMelrose.com and her podcast, Influencer Entrepreneurs with Jenny Melrose as well as her first book Influencer Entrepreneurs: The 4-Step Framework to Building Your Audience, Growing Your Business, and Making More Money Online.
BUSINESS BUILDING INSIGHTS
- Develop the mentality that what you do is a business, not just a hobby.
- Make sure your family understands you are running a business. Their understanding and support are key.
- Build your confidence. It’s just like a muscle – the more you practice it, the stronger your confidence muscle will get.
- Be able to articulate what you do and who you do it for (listen for Jenny’s great tip on this!).
- Women can run a business with no glass ceiling.
- Tune in to the full episode for lots of great biz building tips!
How To Blog For A Product Business
- Start slow to avoid overwhelm, try just one post a month.
- Use your blog and content to become your own influencer to promote your products.
- Create content that solves your audiences’ problems so it becomes valuable to them.
- Engage in real conversations with your audience to find out what they need.
- Good keyword research is important. Use words that people are searching for and make sure your article answers questions people ask on Google.
- Use Pinterest to promote your content and drive traffic to your site.
- Use Instagram DMs because it’s the connection and engagement that people are seeking for (tune in to catch Jenny’s specific steps for this!).
- Listen to the whole interview for a ton more blogging tips from Jenny!
Jenny’s Contact Links
Join Our FREE Gift Biz Breeze Facebook Community
If you found value in this podcast, make sure to subscribe so you automatically get the next episode downloaded for your convenience. Click on your preferred platform below to subscribe!
Also, if you’d like to do me a huge favor, please leave a review. That helps other creators like you find the show and build their businesses too. You can do so right here: Rate This Podcast
Thank you so much! Sue
Know someone who needs to hear this episode?
Click a button below to share it!