Elle McCann is the owner and designer of Curious Themes web development studio outside of Nashville, TN.
She creates online classes that cover how to launch and grow Shopify stores quickly.
Elle’s been listed as a Shopify Expert for over seven years and in that time has created more than 150 Shopify stores.
She’s dedicated to helping entrepreneurs grow their online business without the overwhelm.
One way she does this is through weekly videos on her YouTube channel that currently has over 27,000 subscribers and is growing fast!
This episode is Part 3 of my 6-Part Series covering your top sales platform options.
Catch up on this series here:
- Part 1: Why eBay
- Part 2: Selling on Amazon Handmade
- Part 3: Build the Perfect Shopify Website – YOU ARE HERE
- Part 4: Introducing Facebook Shops
- Part 5: Everything You Need To Know To Sell On Etsy
- Part 6: Confused About Google My Business?
BUSINESS BUILDING INSIGHTS
- An online presence is important so you can be in front of your ideal customers at the exact moment they are ready to purchase from you.
- When someone searches for your business in Google they are looking for your website, not a Facebook page.
- Creating a website and online store is so much easier than it once was. It’s not as scary as it may seem. Don’t let the idea stop you from getting started.
- Building your website is not a one day process. Break it down into bite-size pieces.
- Shopify is built for the needs of the merchant. They offer connections to other sales channels such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, and much more.
- Keep your product and category names clear instead of clever so they can be found (listen to episode 269 for more on SEO for your online shop).
Tips For An Amazing Shopify Store
- Use high-quality photos of your products <– this is key!
- Create product categories that make sense to your customers
- Limit featured products on your home page to no more than 8
- Before you select a design theme, look at the reviews and developer information
- Shopify Apps are a great way to add functionality to your store
- Tell your story throughout your site
- When advertising, direct links to specific products, not your home page
- Optimize your shop for customer experience
- In product descriptions, create imagery with your words in addition to the specs
Join Our FREE Gift Biz Breeze Facebook Community
Never Miss An Episode
If you found value in this podcast, make sure to subscribe so you automatically get the next episode downloaded for your convenience. Click on your preferred platform below to subscribe!
Also, if you’d like to do me a huge favor, please leave a review. That helps other creators like you find the show and build their businesses too. You can do so right here: Rate This Podcast
Thanks so much! Sue